Welcome to RusXMMS
Originally, the project was aimed to provide means to work with multiple encodings of the same language through adapting encoding of ID3 tags, M3U and PLS playlists (including file names) to local settings on-the-fly. Both the tag reading and writing back using any selected encoding was supported.
Nowadays there are libraries available providing the same functionality for almost any program with just a few lines of code. The library is not limited to ID3 tags, it can be useful for any program working with small titles or file names in different languages and encodings. The patches for several music players, ID3 tag libraries and some other programs are available on the project page.
Features of the RusXMMS Project Library:
- Language autodetection
- On-the-fly translation between languages, using online-services!
- Encoding autodetection for most of European languages
- Support for encoding detection plugins (besides Enca and LibRCD)
- Recoding/translation of multi-language playlists!
- Cache to speed-up re-recoding
- Possibility to configure new languages and encodings
- Shared configuration file. For example mentioned TagLib? and LibID3 patches don't have their own user interface, but will utilize the same recoding configuration as XMMS
- As well the separate program for configuration adjustment is available
- GTK/GTK2 UI Library: you can add properties page to your GTK program with 3 lines of code
- Menu localization